POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : IsoCacti.pov : Re: IsoCacti.pov Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:25:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IsoCacti.pov
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 1 Dec 2001 15:52:08
Message: <3c0942f8@news.povray.org>
In article <3c093cb5@news.povray.org> , "JRG" <jrg### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

> But you agree that there's a bug of some sort: I have too a scene with
> several hundred isos and, once POV-Ray has finshed to trace, I have to wait
> a minute for all those warnings saying that the maximum gradient found is
> 0.000.

It does this only if the gradient found was really zero, which can i.e. be
the case if there was no intersection.  I will adjust the warning message to
ignore such cases, yet.

That Gilles can't turn off the warning with -GW is also not correct,
however, there is a much better workaround than - GA in section 5.2.5.4 of
the documentation, which explains the warning level option.  Hopefully
Gilles has found it by now...

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde